K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.
- Changes in 12.9.5:
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.69-3-gcfd95
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 6.1.6
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.92.1
- Better compatibility with DriverPack installer. If the codec pack installer is executed by DriverPack, and a generic VGA driver is detected, then the drivers' (lack of) capabilities are ignored, and we will use the capability information from our internal GPU database, assuming a proper graphics driver will get installed. This will ensure that all options in the codec pack that depend on GPU capabilities are set to optimal default values.
- Please report if you know of any other installation scenarios where the runtime detection of the codec pack should be adjusted.
Download Page | 12.9.5 Standard
Download Page | 12.9.5 Mega
Note: This software includes optional additional software - so be sure to pay attention when installing it.