AxCrypt is a free, easy to use and open source file encryption tool for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7 integrated into Windows Explorer. Encrypt, compress, decrypt, wipe, view and edit with a few mouse clicks. Cryptographic primitives are AES-128 and SHA-1. No configuration is necessary for AxCrypt just download it, run the installer and it's ready to go.
- Changes in 2.1.1502:
- #53: Translations and texts maintenance
- #109: Reimplement FileLock and use, prepare for async friendly lock
- #191: Add option for recursive operation
- #221: Display a tip when the wrong password has been entered three times about password reset.
- #228: Lavasoft causes crash in TCP stack, warn user of existence of Lavasoft Web Companion
- #254: Add option to decrypt file even if HMAC is invalid
- #265: Check and re-assert the “.axx” file name association
- #273: Add support for continuous integration on the Mac
- #281: Update Newtonsoft.Json to 10.0.2
- #282: Update NUnit to 3.6.1
- #283: Change internal names for subscription levels to match current terminology
- #284: Implement request for supporting verify code without password setup.
- #286: When three cloud providers or more are found, the clean up broom is hidden
- #287: Add fixed fallback location for OneDrive detection
- #288: Startup hang in Mac XWT app
- #289: Deadlock when sharing keys
- #290: Inconsistent use of async in view models
Download | x86
Download | x64
Download | Portable