VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software that is based on TrueCrypt 7.1a. VeraCrypt is a software for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted volume (data storage device). On-the-fly encryption means that data is automatically encrypted right before it is saved and decrypted right after it is loaded, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password/keyfile(s) or correct encryption keys. Entire file system is encrypted. VeraCrypt adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. VeraCrypt also solves many vulnerabilities and security issues found in TrueCrypt.
- Changes in 1.21: All OSes:
- * Fix 1.20 regression crash when running on CPU not supporting extended features. Windows:
- * Fix 1.20 regression that caused PIM value stored in favorites to be ignored during mount.
- * Fix 1.20 regression that causes system favorites not to mount in some cases.
- * Fix some cases of "Parameter Incorrect" error during EFI system encryption wizard.
- * Install PDF documents related to EFI system encryption configuration for advanced users;
- - disk_encryption_v1_2.pdf related to EFI hidden OS and full fisk encryption
- - dcs_tpm_owner_02.pdf related to TPM configuration for EFI system encryption. FreeBSD:
- * Add support for building on FreeBSD.
Download | Windows
Download | Others