Microsoft Windows have already built-in default, free and powerful firewalls, but unfortunately, they lack a simple interface to define own simple rules and can be difficult sometimes to configure them the right way. Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click. WFC is free to use, registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections.
- Changes in 188.8.131.52:
- - Fixed: When connected to a VPN, the location displayed in Main Panel is empty.
- - Fixed: Secure Rules remains enabled in WFC service even when 'Reset all settings to the default values' from the Options tab is executed. The Secure Rules checkbox is unchecked but it is actually enabled.
- - Fixed: It is possible to create new firewall rules through Shell Integration even if the program is locked with a password.
- - Fixed: Sorting on the Action column does not work in version 5.
- - Fixed: Visual layout fixes in Main Panel.
- - Updated: Installer was renamed to wfc5setup.exe.