Sandboxie is a software uses isolation technology to separate programs from your underlying operating system preventing unwanted changes from happening to your personal data, programs and applications that rest safely on your hard drive. With it, you can secure your favorite web browser and block malicious software, viruses, ransom-ware and zero day threats by isolating such attacks in the Sandbox; leaving your system protected. You can also run your favorite email program in Sandboxie so you never have to worry about suspicious attachments or spear phishing attacks. It provides data protection as it restricts and blocks internet websites and programs from accessing your personal data (i.e. My Documents), files & folders on your system. With it, you can safely test and try new programs and applications within Sandboxie and prevent unauthorized changes to your underlying system that may occur. Sandboxie runs on all the latest operating systems, supports all major web browsers and comes with small footprint on the hard drive space with simple installation.
- Changes in 5.18:
- Windows Creators Update is now supported.
- Firefox multi-process (Electrolysis) is now supported in Win 7 and later.
- Fixed problem with clicking Office hyperlinks failing to start forced IE.
- TLS error when loading google sites in IE has been fixed.
- Fixed crash when starting IE while using Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UEV).
- Added support for Opera Neon.
- Fixed template for Roboform.
- Fixed Chrome 56 lingering child process.